Learn useful vocabulary, words and terms to use at the workplace.
1. Some Important Business Terms
Happening every hour.
Done or produced four times a year.
Happening once a month.
Happening every week.
Happening once a year.
Happening twice a year.
2. “Money & Finance” Vocabulary
Piece of paper money
Amount of money available or needed for a specific use
A person dealing with cash transactions in a bank, shop, etc.
An amount of money that a person, business or country can borrow, especially from a bank
- Pretty Cash
Small amount of cash available for everyday expense
The money used in a country
Give or allow the use of money, which must be returned, usually with interest.
Obtain money which must be returned.
3. Business Abbreviations & Acronyms
- VAT – Value Added Tax
- a/c – account
- GMT – Greenwich mean tim
- attn. – for the attention of
- e.g. – For example
- Ltd – Limited
- VIP – Very Important Person
- GDP – Gross Domestic Product
- CC – copy to
- ASAP – As Soon As Possible
- CEO – Chief Executive Officer
- PA – Personal Assistant
- PRO – Public Relations Officer
- CIO – Chief Information Officer
- Director R&D – Director of Research and Development
- HRM – Human Resources Manager
4. “Employment & Jobs” Vocabulary
Evaluation of one’s abilities
Leave a Job voluntarily
Person who works for a firm or a company
To dismiss from a Job
- Maternity Leave
Period of absence for a female employee when having a baby
Employ or take on personnel in a company
- Make redundant
Dismiss for economic reasons
Person or firm who employs people
Someone who is paid to work for someone else
Someone who does jobs, especially low ranking job.
Someone who works with you and has a similar position.
- Home worker
Someone who does their job in their home.
Someone who has a part-time job, works for only parts of each day or week
Someone who works with you, used especially by professional people