The slang term “covfefe” entered into existence in 2017 due to a tweet posted by President Trump. Although the tweet was deleted the same day that it was created, it still left behind enough presence to attain continuous mocking.
Covfefe became the inspiration for Covfefe branded merchandise and various phrases and terms that became a play on the term covfefe. You have probably seen this term on t-shirts, coffee mugs or even as a meme.
What Does Covfefe Mean?
The slang term (pronounced cuv-fee-fae) is defined as a typo tweeted by President Trump.
Origin of Covfefe
The origin of this slang term is fairly recently when Trump created a tweet that was a typo back in 2017. It was then introduced into various resources as a word.
Other Meanings/ uses (less commonly used)
This slang term is also used to define an act of shrugging off a mistake as something that was intentionally done. It has also been used as another word for President Trump.
Tweet sent by President Trump
- President Trump: Despite the constant negative press covfefe
Text Message Conversation:
- Person 1: I will pick Johnny up from school later.
- Person 1: covfefe
- Person 2: ?
- Person 1: I meant to do that.
This slang term does not have an exact synonym, however, many words are related or a formation of the slang term.
- Covfefelessness – Lacking or without covfefe
- Covfefe Act – Stands for Communication Over Various Feeds Electronically For Engagement Act. Introduced as an amendment to the Presidential Records Act in 2017.
- Covfefeaphobia – Term used to describe a fear of being discovered as a person who talks about others behind their back and spreads lies usually the term is used to refer to the media regarding public speeches of social media comments
- Covfefeian – Term given to those in support of Trump
- Covfefe naive – Clueless to the origin of the word covfefe
- Covfeve – it explains a previously texted misspelling
Covfefe Meaning Infographic